Monday, May 2, 2011

Rummikub Re-do

I think some of the best fun I've had with our homeschool preschool so far is making the supplies myself. I love finding things that I can repurpose into something fun, exciting, and educational. I'm excited to begin posting about our preschool in this blog that will also act as a diary of our homeschool journey. Here is the first post- the Rummikub Redo.

I decided to turn this into a spelling game. My plan is to make up cards with words spelled out on them and letting Emmy spell out the words with the Rummikub letters. Here's some before and after photos of the game. By the way, I was able to snag this game for $3. I bought it for this purpose and then the older girls decided to play the Rummikub game, so I had to buy another. There are 106 playing tiles and 4 game racks in each game

A before shot of the playing tiles and game racks.












And here is a shot of it done.

















I also re-purposed some mini dominos that I got on clearance at Target. They were 50cents each and there was 28 dominos in each box. I snagged a bunch.







And just so you can see that the mini dominos fit into the playing racks also. I think this would also be great as a math game if you turned some of the dominos into plus, minus, and equal signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment