Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Colorful Volcano in a Cup


This kept Emilee occupied for so long! It was fun for all of us-Mommy included. Simply take a cup and put some cornstarch in. I rarely measure things, but in the small cups we used, I believe we probably put about 2 TBS of cornstarch in. You could put 1 TBS and it would work just fine. We ended up pouring in the same cup several times. So, put the cornstarch in the cup and then add a drop or two of food coloring on top. Next, give the little one a small cup of vinegar and let them pour the vinegar on top and watch the bubbling commence! I did the first "volcano" as an example and then walked Emmy through doing everything on her own. She was a pro from the get go!

QUICK REVIEW THERE:

1-2 TBS CORNSTARCH IN CUP
FEW DROPS OF FOOD COLORING ON TOP OF THAT
POUR ENOUGH VINEGAR IN CUP TO GET THE COLORFUL EXPLOSION GOING.


And I just have to share this picture because it was from the same afternoon. The sprinkler is always a fun way to clean off the messy fun! The real reason I'm sharing this is to share the Emilee calls the water coming out of the sprinkler, "POPCORN!!" I love the mind of a child and as many years as I have looked at a sprinkler, I never took that away from it. It really does look like popcorn popping out of the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment